Tips and Tricks for Scrivener is a video series on the Black Wolf Editorial YouTube channel. These videos show you how to use Scrivener, beyond what is in the demonstration videos that come with Scrivener or are found on the developer's website. Through these videos, you will leave how to customize Scrivener and use it to its full potential, including how to set up Prologues, customize chapter numbering designs, and use annotations. Yes, Scrivener does have it's limitations; those are covered too.
These videos relate to Scrivener 2 for Mac and Scrivener 1 for Windows.
Series 1: Getting Started and Basic Operations
In the first series, you will learn the basic operations needed to get started and compile your manuscript. You can view the whole series at the bottom of this page, or on YouTube.
- E0: Getting Started with a New Manuscript
- E1: New Project and Importing Word
- E2: Modify Compile Settings and Create a Prologue
- E3: The Editor and Smart Quotes
- E4: Creating Templates from Scratch
- E5: The Research Folder, Web Pages and Images
- E6: Creating eBooks
- E7: The Name Generator
- E8: Revision Mode (Mac Only)
- E9: Dictation (Mac Only)
- E10: Windows vs. Mac
- E11: Backups and Cloud Syncing (Previously labelled as S02E01)